Horses are incredible animals. It’s no wonder that you are particularly fond of them. In fact, it is even less surprising that you would want to read about them and perhaps even consider writing your own horse focused blog. We have done all the research to help you find the greatest blogs about horses. And, we can even give you a little heads up about starting your own horse blog.
Blogging and the Horse Lover
It would appear that everyone feels the need and desire to write. There are a number of people who jump right into the blogging arena without understanding proper grammar, or even acceptable English. So, if you are one of those, we would recommend you simply enjoy the blogs we will list later on in this piece.
However, if you can write, and you want to share about your horse, and other horse-related topics, we recommend you first learn how to monetize your blog. You can learn how to beat ad-blocker users, set up a WordPress site, and even learn the import of utilizing banner ads. This will enable you to create a blog that brings in the loot too. After all, horses are expensive! Take a look at the blogs included here as a means of getting some great ideas for your own.
5 Incredible Horse-Focused Blogs
Whatever your horse passion, there are blogs for you. You can learn everything you need to know about horses from the blogs found here. But, if you are looking for a briefer selection, an easier place to start, then just keep these 5 incredible horse-focused blogs in mind:
- Things I Learned From My Horse– The author suggests that horses deal with their world from elegant and straightforward positions. Because she teaches students to ride, she feels it is important to learn all she can from the horses she utilizes. She shares those tidbits of knowledge on this site.
- The Daily Feed- For Healthy Horses– If you are wondering how best to take care of your horse’s health, this site should help you out considerably. They claim to have a passion for nutrition that should accentuate your passion for horses.
- Horse Bliss– The author’s goal on this site revolves around the mastery of horsemanship. The post we landed on appears to be about allowing your horse to go without shoes. That is apparently a controversial issue. Maybe you will want to read about it.
- Turf Luck– If you are more into racing horses, this site might be for you. The site claims to include mountaineer musings, and race track reading. Seems like it is more of a gambling focused site, but we guess there are people who are into that.
- Flying Changes- The author suggests that she is a middle aged American living in Ireland. She has become a horse fanatic apparently, and her site has achieved the ten year anniversary mark. That’s got to be a good sign
Getting ready for a photoshoot with your horse? Making everything look aligned while you pose on the ranch with your horse is not an easy task. Follow these tips to look good on camera!
- All you mean to wear ought to be laid, spotless and pressed the prior night. Clothes that have been de-wrinkled will make your pictures look much more professional and organized. Additionally, make sure that your horse is tidied up and well-groomed prior to the photoshoot. You can even invest in a fashionable saddle or some accessories for your beloved horse.
- Eat! Make sure to eat something before you leave for your session so you’re not starving amid the shoot. We can’t push this enough. You will look better, be more engaged, and have the energy all through the shoot. This is particularly critical for kids. An even better idea is to bring some crisps, energy bar, and so on; however, avoid chocolate or colored items/drinks, and so forth. You wouldn’t have any desire to color the lips, tongue, and teeth.
- Make-up: You want to achieve a natural and even skin tone, and make sure to cover imperfections as they can become very noticeable on the camera.
- Fingers and toes ought to be perfect and prepped. Nails ought to be a natural color (nude, French, light-pink, and so forth) for model/performing artist headshots and portfolios; and any color for family portraits, and so on. Despite the fact that, for all, you need to do is be careful that your nail color doesn’t bring down you and your face as the essential subject. The concentration of a viewer actually floats first to commend lively colors, then furthermore to whatever is left of the photograph.
- For men, all facial hair ought to be prepared. In the event that you wish to have a couple “rough” shots and afterward shave to incorporate a couple of shots with a smoother look, please bring your shaving unit and specify this to the photographer before the shoot. Additionally, use the best nose hair trimmer you have to get rid of all unwanted nose hair pre-photoshoot.
- Facials and haircuts ought to be done a week or so before the shoot date.
- For all, make certain eyebrows are prepped, teeth are perfect, and lips are not dry. On the off chance that needed, please bring a lip balm/lotion with you. Damp lips dependably look better.
- Come hair-prepared and bring a brush, comb etc. to touch up amid the shoot. Hair and Make-up experts are prescribed for best results and are accessible at an additional cost.
- Closet: A great dependable guideline is to attempt and wear dress that doesn’t take away from your face: Your garments ought to be free of logos. You would likewise need to avoid clothes with funky or over-the-top prints on them as well as bright and distracting colors. Like nails, noisy colors more often than not distract the viewer. You ought to talk about closet with your photographer before the shoot.
It is important for you to start your mornings the right way, especially when you live on a range where it is up to you to keep things in tact and up and running. Ranges are gorgeous. There are all of those beautiful horses to see and care for, there is wide opens where you can take a walk or a horse ride and there are some days that just seem too quiet and simple for hard work. It is ok to take an occasional break or off day to enjoy your ranch but you also have to be incredibly careful because before you know it a week will have gone by where you haven’t done that much at all and your ranch will suffer for it.
Getting up early is a must for ranch owners because you can fit so much more into your day when you start early and you feel a lot more energized. It is important to get in plenty of rest during the night but the more you sleep the more your body wants to sleep. And the more you sleep the grouchier and more tiered you feel.
Drink good quality coffee
There is nothing better than coffee to wake you from your slumber and to improve your energy levels. But to start your day right you need the right kind of coffee and there is nothing better tasting in the early morning than a steaming cup of French press coffee. To enjoy the best coffee in the world you should definitely get one of the best French presses because these presses makes coffee brewing super easy, super quick and super tasty.
Eat a power breakfast
A power breakfast is a must if you want to feel good and if you want to have good energy levels for the day. If you are someone who needs to be out of the house early in the morning then a few health risks with your French coffee is a great way to start your morning. There are also some great breakfast recipes that you can make the night before such as overnight oats or yoghurt which you can simply grab out of the fridge and enjoy. Yummy energy packed toast with a protein rich egg on the side is also a fantastic and easy meal that you can prepare in minutes if you prefer something warm on a cold winter morning.
Eat outside even if it is cold
People who live on a range are privileged. They can step outside their front door at any given moment and enjoy glorious sunrises and beautiful landscapes with no noisy neighbors to watch their every move. Eating your breakfast outside is a great way to help you take in the gorgeous natural landscapes and the fresh morning air is excellent for getting you vitalized and ready for the day. When you are focused and ready you will work hard and keep your range in tippy top shape so …
You may have noticed that insects are always pestering your horse and you would like to stop it at the soonest possible time. Depending on the season, insects may be in full force. You have to remember that managing pests can be a bit complicated especially if you do not know what to do. In order to get rid of pests, you may opt to hire the right pest control company. You may learn more about pest control more here.
It is not enough that pest control companies will get rid of your insect problem. You may also need to do some changes so that eventually, you can get rid of the insects that are pestering your horse. Here are some of the things that you should do:
- Keep your water supply clean.
When the water supply of your horses is dirty then you can expect some insects like mosquitoes to lay their eggs there because the water is stagnant. Even if you have to leave the water container for a certain period of time, make sure to clean it often so that mosquitoes as well as other insects would have no chance to make the water dirty and impossible to drink.
- Purchase protective gear for your horse.
Your horse needs to wear protective gear so that it will not be bothered too much by insects. If you know that your horse is sensitive to insects and their bites, you need to find the right items like fly sheets. This item will not only protect your horse from various insects, it can also protect your horse from being exposed to the rays of the sun too much. It is also ideal that you will do a thorough check of your horse to be sure that it is healthy and it does not have any cuts and scrapes that will cause it to not feel good.
- Have some natural predators around your home.
Since you have a horse, it is highly likely that you have a big property that can accommodate various types of animals. If you know that the insects also found at your home are causing your horse as well as your other animals to feel uncomfortable, search for predators that can help get rid of insects at the soonest possible time. One of the predators that people are usually grateful to are bats because they can help get rid of insects without too much trouble.
- Manage the manure that the horses produce.
You cannot stop your horse from producing manure but you can certainly manage it better to help get rid of various insects that may be lurking all over your property. Remember that you may need to do some things with the manure to make it manageable like using a pitchfork and elbow grease so that it will not be appealing to insects anymore. When you do this, you will realize that the insects you usually have at home has lessened considerably.
With all of these …
You may already know by now that all horses in this world always manage to be beautiful and breathtaking. Some people who love horses report that they started loving horses the moment that they have seen them when they were still younger. Their love for horses now has become bigger and greater that it will be hard for them to not appreciate all the horses that they see.
Still, there are some horses that are just truly lovely to look at. It can be such a shame that even big tax refunds will not be enough for regular people to purchase these horses. Not to mention the fact that horses just cannot live anywhere like cats and dogs. Take a closer look at wonderful, rare and amazing looking horses that are just so great looking that you would surely want to care for one.
- German Black Forest Horse
At first glance, you may think that this is similar to all the other horses that you have seen so far but look at it again, you will see that its tail is longer than the usual tail of the horse. The hair is also very thick and it perfectly complements the hair of the horse from its head up to a short portion of its back.
- Blue Roan Gypsy Vanner Horse
Do you want to see a horse that you have never seen before? You will not get disappointed once you see this Blue Roan Gypsy Vanner Horse well known for its leg feathering. You can also tell if you are looking at this type of horse when the colouring of the horse is black and white but you will not see the colouring in spots. Rather, the horse would seem to have the colours blended well together.
- Golden Akhal Teke
The moment that you see this horse, you may not realize in the beginning that it is alive because when it is so still, it would seem like a horse statue situated in the middle of the field. The beauty of this horse breed relies heavily on its beautiful coat because it is so shiny especially when it is hit by the sun’s rays. This horse breed is also known as “The Golden Horse.”
- Appaloosa Crossbreed
This is a stunning mix that you would surely love to look at for a long period of time. This usually has a light colored coat, usually white or cream with black spots all over. This horse is highly unique and in order to pass on the way that this looks, it may need to be bred with other horses too.
- Chocolate Silver Dapple Pinto
You may be surprised with the way that this horse looks because looking at its coat will be like looking at the night sky with snowflakes all around. When this horse is well maintained, it will have a strong and sturdy looking body complemented well by white hair all especially on its tail.
These wonderful horse breeds are truly …
Bredracehorses live a very different life from their peers in other agencies or in the wild. From the moment they are born, they are treated like royalty by its owners and caretakers in preparation for the future. Many have compared the treatment of bredracehorses to that of princes and princesses. However, many people are often unaware of the lives of these horses except from the one to two minutes that the horse is racing. There are busy routines, professionals available, and high expectations from the first day. Here are some interesting facts about the beautiful lives of racehorses.
Most show-horses will begin the training period with a professional trainer around three years old. They have a much shorter childhood than humans! However, racehorses are quite busy even before they get there. Many of them will be examined, checked, and possibly sold before they become three years old. By 18 months, the horses will be accustomed to humans and the activities associated with being handled. This crucial stage is known as “breaking in” as the trainers are trying to learn what the personality and quirks of each individual horse is. The process is very similar to school. Many horses are going through “classes” with many other horses their age and are guided by older and more experienced horses. There is also much training focused on building muscle and cardiovascular endurance. When it appears that a horse is ready and able, it will be asked to accept riders in preparation for accepting a future jockey. for related information, click on :http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jack-choros/3-reasons-horse-racing-is_b_9437428.html
In terms of accommodation for the horses, is that they live in “five-star” conditions similar to the best hotels for humans. Horses are well fed, kept, and have the attention of top class professionals. In addition, there is usually one person who looks after them constantly to understand the horses on a deeper level. Many prospective winning racehorses have even had private planes or ships chartered for their ease of transport as well. This is especially true for horsesracing in the world’s most famous competitions.
The winning horses at such competitions are used for breeding at the end of their racing career. However, the royal treatment does not stop here. In fact, many of these horses are treated even better than they were before in hopes that they will keep a generation of winners going. Also, smaller winning racehorses do not usually get abandoned if they cannot breed anymore. These horses would enjoy a relaxing life of casual leisure riding with its owners or transitioning to equestrian sports.
While the horses spend more of their lives unnoticed by the rest of the world except for two minutes of racing even now and then, they actually are very well treated and cared for. This is not to say that all horses are treated the same and cruelty should be condemned in the racing community. It is a cycle that has been repeating for generations in hopes to produce more winners …